Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Commercial Break

We've all had the grim experience of waiting for the mechanic to call us with the verdict on our car, right? Having bought a new car last November (well, new to me), I was all set to have this experience be several decibals (or however you measure stress)less than when I would take in my dented '93 Subaru Imprezza to the mechanics, being sure that it would be diagnosed as terminally ill and ready for the junk yard. Back to the bus then. Now with my lovely Subaru Forester, I can hold my head high at the mechanics once again. The auto repair shop doesn't fill me with cold dread, and I can get out of my car and look those snooty drivers of 2011 Toyota Camry's in the eye (well, I always could since they're probably just making payments). So you can imagine my horror when, roaring down the 190 Southbound in my semi- new car, my check engine light went on! Since this had never happened to me before, I shakily got off the next exit, expecting at any moment for the complex network of pipes, brakes and nozzles that comprise my engine to undergo some kind of catastrophic failure. Well, needless to say I made it home, and immediately took my car to my more level headed mechanic, who fixed it for me. Thank you, Fortuna, for the invention of the automobile and its graceful twin, the auto repair shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment